Wednesday, October 19, 2011

This is delicious cake

  
  This is delicious, delicious, delicious cake. Recipe is here.
To add to the tips that the other cook gives: with this cake, like most cakes, patience is KEY. I did not have to stick my cakes in the freezer, but I found it very helpful to wait about 40 minutes before removing them from the pan. I let them rest overnight too. A crumb layer with the frosting is definitely a must.

  See that? It’s a crumb. And I had a freaking crumb layer!!
A cake stand and offset spatula really helps with frosting. I had neither, but I do have some practice frosting cakes so I managed all right.
Oh yeah, and as a commenter pointed out, the peanut butter frosting is essentially pie filling for this peanut butter pie, minus the whipped cream. I’m all for frosting my cake with pie filling. (That pie is pretty good too, it’s one of my standard go-tos for desserts.)
The book this cake recipes comes from is also now on my wish list. I was never too entranced with cakes, personally, but this cake changed my mind. It’s that good.
note: does anyone mind if I post recipes here? I like the idea of a recipe blog for my own darn benefit, because I cook a lot and don’t always remember the recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment